Monday, March 29, 2021, 9.00 – 10.30 am (CEST) – MS Teams
The event series provides an opportunity for early-career researchers and research centres to present their on-going research and professional and educational activities. Our first stop will be the Leiden Leadership Centre, Universiteit Leiden (NL) introduced by Dr. Ben Kuipers, Director and Moniek Akerboom MSc., PhD candidate.
Please confirm your attendance by filling in this form!
If you have questions about this event, please contact Moniek Akerboom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Wednesday 24th March 2021 4.00 – 5.30pm (GMT)
This international webinar will bring together political and civil society leaders from cities at the hotspot of Covid-19, such as Bergamo (Italy), Bristol (UK), London (UK), and Milan (Italy), by sharing insights and by reflecting on the recently published book by Professor Hambleton. We will discuss together how to go beyond Covid-19 and build more equitable, sustainable, and resilient cities for a post-Covid-19 world.
- Councillor Dr Bruno Ceccarelli, City Councillor of Milan (Italy)
- Councillor Dr Asher Craig, Deputy Mayor of Bristol (UK)
- Councillor Georgia Gould, Chair of London Councils, Leader of Camden Council, and Ward Councillor Kentish Town (UK)
- Dr Giuseppe Guerini, President of Cooperatives Confederation of Bergamo (Italy)
- Professor Robin Hambleton, Emeritus Professor City Leadership, UWE (UK)
- Moderator: Dr Alessandro Sancino, Director, Citizenship and Governance Strategic Research Area, The Open University and Associate Professor, University of Milan-Bicocca (Italy)
This international webinar is organised by the Citizenship and Governance Strategic Research Area of The Open University in cooperation with the PUPOL International Academic Network