We collected some interesting updates from our field of public and political leadership.
Please send Rudolf Metz (firstname.lastname@example.org) news about events, conferences, special issues, jobs, research funds, your new publications, and other relevant writings. I will share this information in our monthly newsletter and on our Facebook site.
Deadline for the next newsletter: April 20, 2021
PUPOL news and events
- PUPOL section at IRSPM Conference 2021
The call for the PUPOL section at the International Research Society for Public Management’s virtual conference aroused great interest! We could form 7 panels with 21 presentations. We face a stimulating program on 20 – 23 Apr 2021.
Some exiting readings for this month:
- Hameduddin, T., & Engbers, T. (2021). Leadership and public service motivation: A systematic synthesis. International Public Management Journal, 0(0), 1–47.
- Maskor, M., Steffens, N. K., Peters, K., & Haslam, S. A. (2021). Discovering the secrets of leadership success: Comparing commercial and academic preoccupations. Australian Journal of Management, online first
- McMillan, J. (2021). Public Value Leadership in the Context of Outcomes, Impact and Reform. In J. Connolly & A. van der Zwet (Eds.), Public Value Management, Governance and Reform in Britain (pp. 173–200). Springer International Publishing.
- Metz, R. (2021). Democratic leadership as a political weapon: Competition between fictions and practices. International Journal of Public Leadership, online first
- Vogel, R., & Werkmeister, L. (2021). What is Public about Public Leadership? Exploring Implicit Public Leadership Theories. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 31(1), 166–183.